Search This Blog

16 August 2010

Saint David's Day, a Welsh Holiday

Not so long ago, I asked a friend of mine to contribute Holly Day an article - or more - because I value her writings and always enjoy reading the pages she creates online.

The Ragged Edge, she is the writer I talk about, accepted to contribute Holly Day, and sent me an article which relates to Saint David's Day, a national holiday in Wales, also known as Dewi Sant Day.

I'm fond of culture, history, traditions and customs and, therefore, I enjoyed reading this article; which I published on Holly Day right away. This articles explains who was Saint David, why he became a Saint, how the holiday is celebrated in Wales and even covers the type of food people eat that day.

Dewi Sant occurs on March 1st; which might look a bit far from us right now but in the event you don't live in Wales and know that you have Welsh ancestors, reading this article will give you some ideas to start your own Welsh traditions at home, celebrate the day with your family and share it with your friends.

I hope you'll enjoy reading Saint David's Day, a Welsh Holiday.


Click here to get more ideas on how to make of any day a holly day

No comments:

Post a Comment