Search This Blog

5 April 2014

Three Major Overhauls Finally Finished

Hello dear readers :)

It has been a while that I have not been posting on here. I missed you a lot and am really sorry for this. A lot of things changed in both my personal life and online one. 

Keeping personal things private, I'll focus on online stuff. First, my Squidoo account was hit by last year Google updates. Not really, it was hit and its traffic plummeted after the site got a major overhaul and that I had to modify my Squidoo lenses so as to abide by the new and ever changing rules.

This required a lot of work and months as I had 200 pages on this site. After modifications, traffic dropped like a stone and I had to spend my time monitoring the pages in order for the less performing ones to be deleted. Once a Squidoo lens deleted, I needed to wait for some time and repurpose it. Which I did for some of them - the most part waiting for that move as well.

As if this mess with the writing platform wasn't enough, in June, all my sites, including Holly Day were hit by Google's updates and their traffic started plummeting as well. Something had to be done, but I didn't know what to do to make my sites loved by Google again. I must admit that I neglected my sites before since I focused more on my pages on Squidoo. This didn't do me any good since I lost on both sides.

In August I also started to write tips and tricks for Halloween and noticed that the site was still old fashioned, hand coded (yes, I still used to use Notepad++ to update the site) and thought that it would be a good idea to revamp it while providing it with a more modern look. Which I did. 

So, My Happy Halloween became the more dynamic site it had become and got its share of traffic on Halloween. Phew! What a rush! What a work! But worthwhile I must say and it's now ready for the next Halloween event.

Once the site up and running again, I noticed that It's Christmas Time did have a poor appearance and I wanted to turn it into something more attractive as well. So it also got a major overhaul. 

In three months, both sites were modified entirely, the old article links redirected to the new ones, prettier I must say. They are also hosting more decorating ideas, party plans, costume tips and craft tutorials than before and I keep adding things when something comes to my mind. No need to wait for Halloween or Christmas to get new ideas, they are now all year long festivals.

Once the sites modified and running smoothly, I started working on making Holly Day - Make any day a holiday look better as well. I was tired of the old green color and reworked the header as well as all the colors within the site. It is now a very spring-y and joyful colored
website that features even more holiday related writings.

So from now on it is my hope to spread the news from the three sites - to which one was added and that shares my best gift ideas for everyone - more often and on a regular basis. I cross my fingers for Google or other major search engine to not ruin my hard work so as to let me focus on delivering tips and tricks for successful holidays instead of wasting my time with constant modifications.

See you soon for some Easter news.



Click here to get more unique ideas for you to make of any day a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment